3.15.2013

my top 10 list [march]

in case you're interested, here's a smattering of things that occupy my time right now, in the form of my favorite kind of list-making, a top 10 list.

10. books on my nightstand: 
       >> show me the way by henri nouwen
       >> my utmost for His highest by oswald chambers
       >> eclipse by stephanie meyer
       >> wizard's first rule by terry goodkind

9. song stuck in my head:
       >> "50 ways to say goodbye" by train

8. latest memory verse:
       >> "don't be afraid, for I am with you; don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you & help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand." [isaiah 41:10]

7. can't-do-without accessory:
       >> my locket with my midday prayer inside

6. next party i'm planning:
       >> a harry potter party for our teens [it's gonna be epic! 13 hours of shopping in diagon alley, getting sorted into our houses, attending magic classes, playing quidditch, & competing for the house cup!]

5. must-see tv [or netflix]:
       >> college basketball [go duke!]
       >> psych, season 7

4. annual goal i'm most focused on:
       >> reading 48 books this year [i'm trying to read 12 books in the first quarter, & i still have 5 to go before the end of the month!]

3. biggest news:
       >> my little sister is getting married! i'm the matron of honor & her wedding coordinator, & i'm loving it.

2. what i'm saving money for:
       >> shaun & i are traveling to greece for our 10th anniversary in may, so every spare cent is set aside for that. i cannot wait!!!

1. heavy on my heart:
       >> people around the world who don't have easy access to clean drinking water [join me in participating in 40 days of water with blood:water mission.]
       >> my friend julien in haiti, struggling to continue his work with the church & to support several orphans without consistent monetary support
       >> my prodigal girl


happy friday!


No comments: